Re: Debian Organization

> > The only problem I see is that most people don't realize that in order
> > to be part of Debian, you don't need to introduce a new package. I
> > think we should make this more clear..
>
> I think the New Maintainers' Guide is incredibly misleading in this
> area.  Chapter 2, "First Steps", and Section 2.1, "Chose you program",
> strongly suggest that the first thing you need to do as a Debian
> developer is to package something new.

Care to file a bug? :)

Quoting http://www.debian.org/devel/join:

   If you are interested in maintaining packages, then you should look
   at our Work-Needing and Prospective Packages list to see what
   packages need maintainers. Taking over someone else's package is
   the best way to start out as a developer as you can learn from what
   the previous maintainer has already done.