Re: Debian Organization

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 15:55:21 +0100
"Erich Schubert" <erich@debian.org> wrote:

> Being a Debian Developer is just a coolness-factor (tm).

I disagree fairly strongly with this attitude.

Being a debian developer means your making a commitment to improving
debian in the long term. Sending in one bugfix does help debian, but we
shouldnt necessarily expect assisntance from this person in the future.

Many people tell potential developers "you dont need to be one of us to
contribute".. in my mind "contributing makes you one of us".

Glenn