Re: interesting times installing 2.4.17 in Woody...

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 01:27:45PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Jim's convinced me that gpm should not be in standard, the benefits of
> not having the repeater going are woth it for all the people who want a
> desktop, and it's easy enough to install gpm if you need it. Another
> task could also continue to pull it in. Anyway, of all the potato
> installs (which all lacked gpm by default), I only got three or four
> comments from people who would have preferred it install gpm, and the
> potential improvement outweighs that.

Needless to say, I have no problem with this.

I was glad to hear that X and GNOME Just Worked(tm) for you, Jim.  Let
me know if there's anything I can do to improve our X packages.

It's a shame that someone has quotefiled Ted T'so, who asserted that
Debian's X packages were so difficult that Jim Gettys couldn't figure
them out.

Too bad he got you confused with Dale Scheetz, who remembers 0.93R6
better than he remembers breakfast.

G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           //     // //  /     /
branden@debian.org                 |           EI 'AANIIGOO 'AHOOT'E
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ |