Re: interesting times installing 2.4.17 in Woody...

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 01:27:45PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Jim's convinced me that gpm should not be in standard, the benefits of
> not having the repeater going are woth it for all the people who want a
> desktop, and it's easy enough to install gpm if you need it. Another
> task could also continue to pull it in. Anyway, of all the potato
> installs (which all lacked gpm by default), I only got three or four
> comments from people who would have preferred it install gpm, and the
> potential improvement outweighs that.

Needless to say, I have no problem with this.

I was glad to hear that X and GNOME Just Worked(tm) for you, Jim.  Let
me know if there's anything I can do to improve our X packages.

It's a shame that someone has quotefiled Ted T'so, who asserted that
Debian's X packages were so difficult that Jim Gettys couldn't figure
them out.

Too bad he got you confused with Dale Scheetz, who remembers 0.93R6
better than he remembers breakfast.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           //     // //  /     /