Re: Two suggestions for woody release

I demand that Keith G. Murphy may or may not have written...

[snip]
> The useability of stable has long been hampered by the fact that AFAIK
> there's no ((semi-?)official) way for a Debian developer to:

> * Add a package (possibly held up prior by an RC bug)
> * Apply a (possibly trivial) bug fix (non-security-related) to a package

> and make the update available to users of stable.

Perhaps packages.d.o should cover security and possibly also
potato-proposed-updates? That way, users of stable could look to see what's
changed without having to wait for the next release or add p-p-u to their
sources.conf.

No doubt some will clamour for the next stable release because they can more
easily see what's in it... ;-)

[snip]

--
| Darren Salt       | nr. Ashington, | linux (or ds) at
| Linux PC, Risc PC | Northumberland | youmustbejoking
| No Wodniws here   | Toon Army      | demon co uk
|   We've got Shearer, you haven't

You always find something in the last place you look, unless it's not there.