Re: debian on distrowatch

On Sunday 27 January 2002 07:01, Joseph Carter wrote:

> Even worse-sounding than the things on distrowatch which are clearly wrong
> are the breakdown of versions.  Either they do not track our revisions, or
> I can virtually guarantee that a system purchased today will not be usable
> with potato.

Would you mind suggesting a better way? The distribution-specific pages on
DistroWatch simply list some major packages in each release as the releases
evolved. The only purpose is reference. Once a new version is released, I add
it to the table so that visitors can compare it with a previous release and
see immediately what is new. As for unstable and testing, I keep it updated
(each day, more or less) because many people run one of those versions. But
the basic idea is to have a page where people can look at and compare
packages with a single glance; then make the decision on what they want. The
Debian page is visited by 100 to 300 people a day, so I think it is pretty
useful.

Ladislav Bodnar
http://www.distrowatch.com/debian.php