Re: [kde] setting an /opt precedent

This one time, at band camp, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
>As explained in section 3.8, it is obvious. Local system administrator, as I
>have written, manages the contents of the following directories.
>  /opt/bin, /opt/doc, /opt/include, /opt/info, /opt/lib, and /opt/man
>
>A distribution therefore cannot touch the content of these subdirs, however
>it can install software in a package directory
>  /opt/<package>
>under which the files pertaining to <package> are maintained. FHS explicity
>allows this.

This local system administrator has a vendor release of kde installed in
/opt/kde.  Are you telling me that you're going to violate FHS and just dump
all over it?

--
jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg

Losers!  Losers!  Kiss my big Springfield behind, Shelbyville!
        -- Homer Simpson, Homer Loves Flanders