Re: EURO and CENT signs in the console keymaps

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 10:14:46PM +0200, Ari Makela wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 04:23:24PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > As far as I know most keyboards don't have an AltGr key..
>
> In North America that's probably correct (what would they do with it?)
> but it's essential with European languages with the possible exception of
> British English.

British keyboards have AltGr too, although they're rather useless. The
only two glyphs on this keyboard that require AltGr are a vertical bar
(different from pipe in that the pipe is printed broken and the bar is
solid, although it seems to generate pipe anyway with this keymap) and
the Euro symbol on AltGr-4.