Re: Improving DAM process was: [Debian account] I request your attention

> On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 03:24:06PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
>> Eric E Moore <e.e.moore@shef.ac.uk> writes:
>>
>> > I think the point is, that if applications are required to be
>> > processed in order, there is no prejudiced stalling, just stalling.
>> > The cause of the stall may be prejudicial, but the net effect is
>> > not.
>>
>> But then there's the problem of an applicant with incomplete paperwork
>> or whatnot that is pending additional information.

> if the paperwork or whatever is incomplete then the application isn't
> ready for processing by the DAM, it should stay with the AM or the whole
> NM team.

I agree with this. However, the applicant should know about the problem. For
eg, NM status for my application (rganesan@myrealbox.com) shows

--
..
Philosophy and Procedures Check              Passed at 2001-01-19

Application Manager Comments

Debian Account Manager Comments

The following things need to happen still:

    * DAM to approve application
    * DAM creates new account
--

My account has not yet been approved and I had no clue what's going on. Last
Martin Michlmayr at front desk said my philosophy and procedures checks was

My only complaint about this process is that I had absolutely no idea that
this was a problem. My key was not signed by a Debian Developer because
there was no one near by (I passed a photo-ID check) and assumed that this
could be holding up things. I waited till I got my key signed last week (by a
new developer) before asking this question on debian-mentors.

I am still waiting for my account to be created, I still have no idea if my
application is "On hold at the AM stage" or it's "Awaiting DAM Approval". My
point is that, the NM status page should be updated to correctly reflect the
status of the application.

Ganesan