Re: [Debian account] I request your attention

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001 17:55:02 +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>Previously John Goerzen wrote:
>> I vote that we add a time limit on DAM approval.  If the applicant is
>> not rejected with documented cause by the DAM within, say, 1 month of
>> the completed and in-order AM report, then the applicant is considered
>> accepted into Debian.
>
>I really do hope you're not serious.

Why not?  It would make out NM procedures so much easier.  We should
probably do the same thing for any potential developer.  This could
automate the whole process... the developer fills out some info on a web
page, is asked to upload something that's automagically run through
lintian, and if there are less than 30 or so critical errors, we
automatically generate accounts for them on all machines and give them
full access to the archives.

It would free up NM developer resources to automate things thus.

And self-destruct Debian effectively, giving us all more free time.

Nils.