Re: license language flamewar [was: ITP: squeak-vm, squeak-image, squeak-sources -- A highly portable Smaltalk system]

Bas Zoetekouw writes:
> I don't know if such a clause (that the licence must be interpreted under
> US law) is legal.

It is in the US.

> AFAIK, here in the Netherlands, it is not,...

Then that clause merely becomes void in the Netherlands.  Everything is
illegal somewhere.

> ...at least for commercially bought products.

I'm not commercially selling products in the Netherlands.  I'm distributing
free software in the United States.  Why should I have to deal with your
local laws just because you chose to take your copy home with you?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)