Re: Preparing a Proposal: 3 DD needed for every NEW package

Hi Raphael!

You wrote:

> The basic goal is that someone still gets the bug reports if the main
> maintainer disappears. As those people would get the bug logs, they'd
> notice that the main maintainer never responds and could decide to take
> it over.

Well, if that's all you want, there's a much easier (and less bureaucratic)
solution: just keep an official list of MIA maintainers, based on
replies to bug reports, uploads of packages, closing of bugs, etc, and
post it to d-d-announce or d-private regularily. I even think such a
list has already been made, but it would be nice if it could be done on
a per-package basis.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |