Re: Preparing a Proposal: 3 DD needed for every NEW package

Le Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 09:04:48PM +0100, Russell Coker écrivait:
> > > I have something better to propose. But it requires a new (long asked)
> > > feature : the ability to subscribe to a "package" (to get its bug logs,
> > > to get mails sent to <package>@packages.debian.org [1]).
>
> Sounds like a great idea!  There's quite a number of packages I'd like to
> subscribe to in that fashion, for such packages I could probably help out
> occasionally.

I'd probably do the same for packages I maintained in the past and for
packages where i have good knowledges. And hopefully many people would
do the same.

> Why ask for three people when finding one person who has the time to spare is
> so difficult?

The basic goal is that someone still gets the bug reports if the main
maintainer disappears. As those people would get the bug logs, they'd
notice that the main maintainer never responds and could decide to take
it over. Occasionnaly they could also help for particular bug
reports or when the maintainer goes on vacation. Having well defined
"backup" maintainers is definitely useful ...

Cheers,
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com