Re: vICQ package

On Fri, 2001-12-21 at 07:38, lintux@lintux.cx wrote:

> FYI: It's just my standard Usenet reply header.. :-) But I need a new one, I
> think.
yeah ... I noticed that with your following posts ... =] I thought you were mocking me... anyway...
> :-( General question, then:>
> Is there any way of taking over a package for which only an ITP exists, if
> necessary?
pretty good point, there are several packages that hava a 300+ days old
ITP ... and may even be forgotten by the original proposer, and when
someone talks about incorporating it they get the standard response:
"the package already has an ITP"
what can one do about it ?
how can I express my interes in maintaining or _help_ maintaining one
given package ?

by the way, I contacted Barnaby Gray <barnaby@beedesign.co.uk> (the
creator of Ickle) about maintaining his package, and he showed a lot of
interest.

snip:
> Hello Leo,
>
> I'd be happy to take you up on the offer of getting ickle into
> debian. Recently I took over maintaining the packages and rewrote some
> of the control stuff to work better with the ickle/ickle-gnome
> separation. I was intending on working to get them into debian and
> signed up to debian-devel at one point, but it does seem like a lot of
> work just to be accepted as an official maintainer.. I really don't
> have time, so I'd appreciate someone dedicated who want to do it.
>
> At the moment ickle is in the middle of a split for moving the
> underlying library away into it's own separate thing, so I don't
> really want the packages as they are going straight into debian. What
> I'm envisioning is two separate package groups once this is done:
>
> libicq2000
> libicq2000-dev
>
> ickle
> ickle-gnome
> ickle-common
> (maybe ickle-dev, although probably not worth distributing)
>
> So you'll have to become the maintainer for these two separate
> systems.
>
> How does that sound to you?

is anyone interested in helping me out ?
Sponsors anywhere ? I wanna become an official Developer... =]

--
Leo Costela
Public Key: