Re: locale issue with Matlab 6.1 and JVM?

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 03:37:30PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:

> Running matlab 6.1 on current woody give me a JVM error about which
> Mathworks gives a report:
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/27132.shtml
>
> This is a complete non sense for me. I used a LANG=C or LANG=en_US
> setup. No results.
> JVM is BD 1.1.8 and they add their own copy of jdk1.1 with native threads.
> My current trial is to use woody jdk1.1 instead apparently with again
> with no results (but this could be a problem of mine in building a valid
> tree for using the local pkg).
>
> Ideas? I do not know if this should be considered a matlab-specific
> problem or not...

I had a similar problem. Do you have the locales package installed?

Warren

--
There comes a time when you have to get out of your armchair and
volunteer something more than an opinion.

Warren A. Layton
http://zeevon.dyndns.org
GPG Fingerprint: F54C 019D 18BE 6ED8 678D  39D0 21FD D515 BFB8 80A3