Re: Ports disappeared from www.debian.org?

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 03:04:23PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:

> The PowerPC and Hurd pages look good -- they have more than just generic
> information. The Alpha and SPARC pages seem like they could be getting
> there, too.
>
> Note that I'm not saying there's anything wrong about generic information,
> it's just that it's pointless to have a whole section just about that (think
> maintenance, multiply by the number of translations), one page would suffice
> for a list of respective port mailing lists. :/

Perhaps we should come up with some guidelines for the port pages. What
I'm thinking of here is a main page that provides standard information
with a link to developer pages for that platform. Ideally there wouldn't
be any special pages in there on installing debian since that
information should be in the releases directory. Of course, life is
never ideal.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org