Re: Debian menus policy

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 10:12:34PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Section 10.6. "Menus" says:
>
>      All packages that provide applications that need not be passed any
>      special command line arguments for normal operation should register a
>      menu entry for those applications

What if I have an application which does not need an option, but might
be enhanced by adding one or two options?

Specifically, my 'jack' package rips&encodes a CD with just that
command. 'jack -Q' will perform a FreeDB query before starting in order
to name the files adequately. 'jack -q' make a FreeDB query after you
ripped it, just renaming with the new information.

Can I make a submenu for those two actions, or is this bad mannors?

thanks,

Michael