Re: Upgrading X shouldn't overwrite XF86Config, or should it?

On 10 Dec 2001 15:02:15 +0100
Paul Fleischer <proguy@proguy.dk> wrote:

> Yesterday I did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, and was surprised
> this morning. My /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 had been altered to use the nv
> driver instead of the nvidia driver. Because of this my X wouldn't
> start. Of course the fix was easy and painless, but still it was quite
> annoying.

I believe Dexconf is not living up to its advertisement, as
described in the manpage, it should not write anything outside :

       Dexconf writes only to the area between
              ### BEGIN DEBCONF SECTION
       and
              ### END DEBCONF SECTION