packaging pine

Hey,

dunnow 4 sure if this is right place, but nowhere else people could answer
this question:

why is pine not packed for debian ?
when I do a apt-get install pine, I get ow for two years the message:

Package pine has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package pine has no installation candidate

people on the #debian chat told me that it sucks, but I think it's a great
mailclient and that the user should find out if he likes it or not.
is there any other special reason ?

otherwise I would be happy to pack it, :)

michael
michael@areythmic.be