Re: Upgrading X shouldn't overwrite XF86Config, or should it?

man, 2001-12-10 kl. 16:59 skrev Junichi Uekawa:
> On 10 Dec 2001 15:02:15 +0100
>
> I believe Dexconf is not living up to its advertisement, as
> described in the manpage, it should not write anything outside :
>
>        Dexconf writes only to the area between
>               ### BEGIN DEBCONF SECTION
>        and
>               ### END DEBCONF SECTION
>        in the configuration file.
>

> regards,
> 	junichi

Hmm, I see - I wasn't aware of that. But now I know how to prevent that
from hapening again, thanks ;)

The problem however is that my old XF86Config-4 did not contain any of
those tags. IMHO that should be a clearly sign to Dexconf NOT to touch
the file.

--
Paul Fleischer // ProGuy
Registered Linux User #166300