Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 10:34:55AM +0100, Anders Arnholm wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 08:42:08PM +0100, Peter Mathiasson wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be better to help making wine support thoose applications?
> > Or, even better of course, make free compatible software.
>
> Yes but some need to sole real world problems today and not to morrow.
> If everyone had done the same reasoung as you do we still wouldn't have
> a large amounth of gnu tools. As someone firs wouls have created the
> hurd kernel or Linux before starting to make other stuff like ls, gcc,
> emacs and so on.

Well, at that time there where no free kernel, so therefore making free
software for non-free kernels was the only way to go. Not everyone
wants to make a kernel.

Theese days we have two free kernels supported by Debian, why support a
non-free?

--
Peter Mathiasson                 | GPG Fingerprint:
E-Mail: peter@mathiasson.nu      |  A9A7 F8F6 9821 F415 B066