Re: apt-update via patches

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 11:56:28AM +0100, Dominik Kubla wrote:
> All you need is the last released version (as in part of an official
> Debian release) and an xdelta to the current version.  Whether we
I don't think you'd get much of a worthwhile diff for most packages. The
differences you get over a year (or whatever the release cycle is)
between two packages would usually be large enough to make the diffs
useless. Even if the source didn't change, changes in the version of
gcc or other tools may well make two binaries totally different.
I think this will only work between closely related releases -- usually
releases where something very minor has changed such as a control file
or a single binary out of many.

Ben

--
+-----Ben Bell - "A song, a perl script and the occasional silly sig.-----+