Re: automake fun

"Steve M. Robbins" <steven.robbins@videotron.ca> writes:

> True, but everything still works if the build system is missing
> automake.  I gather that is the "problem" you perceive?

Hmm...I swear I've gotten "automake: command not found" in that
situation.  Maybe an older autoconf didn't generate the snippet in
configure which checks for automake?

Regardless, we can't rely on the build system not having
auto{conf,make} installed (at least not without a Build-Conflicts on
them, but that strikes me as more evil than the other options).