Re: Installed sather 1.2.1-5 (i386 all source)

On Monday 29 October 2001 17:55, Branden Robinson wrote:

> * I uploaded -2.3, which you ignored.

That is incorrect. You've done that NMU in an improper way. I had been trying
to get my upload sponsored on #debian-devel. You must have overheard those
conversations. You didn't contact me. You didn't send me a diff. You didn't
tell me that you thought there were bugs that should have been fixed.

If you check the time, you'll see that -2.3 was uploaded a very short time
(more than an hour?) before -3 was uploaded. When you uploaded -2.3 I had
already sent the mail containing necessary files to my sponsor. There was no
way that I could know of that version.

Furthermore, I'd like to remind you that you told me this (which I
reconstruct from memory) on #debian-devel when I logged in the following day:

<Overfiend> exa: You're fucked. There is another NMU in incoming.

To which I did not reply in your banal style.

So, it doesn't seem to me that you've done any of those NMU's in order to
improve debian either. Your sole purpose is to mess with me, and yes you've
been successful doing that. You've cost a lot of time to me, to yourself and
to people who have sponsored me. And you keep doing that by continuing your
assaults. Should I thank you for doing that?

> * You uploaded -3 and did not ack any of the previous NMU's -- so none
>   of the bugs they fixed got closed, and did not include any of the
>   fixes from -2.3, except the one you already knew about from a bug
>   report.

That is incorrect. The only one I did not acknowledge was -2.3 at that time.
See above. I don't have a time machine or a mind scanner.

Check the current changelog.

> * I uploaded -4, which set the maintainer to Debian QA Group, for the
>   reasons discussed in the changelog, re-intergrated the fixes you
>   ignored from -2.3, and I acked the previous NMU's so that the bugs
>   would be closed.

See above. The reasons you indicate in the -4 changelog are false. That is
why that changelog entry will not be included.

> * You uploaded -5.

Which included your changes from -2.3.

I got my -5 version sponsored. Since I'm just a NM, I don't have the
privilege to upload files myself. Which is the main reason why there had to
be NMU's on some of the packages I maintained.

You have also banned me from #debian-devel blocking the only quick way for me
to find sponsors.

With your permission, I have to leave now. There are other works that await
my attention.

At people's service,

- --
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>