Re: Early draft of release notes

#include <hallo.h>
Jørgen Hermanrud Fjeld wrote on Wed Oct 24, 2001 um 12:27:20PM:

> But will we then have 2.4 in stable? Or does 2.4 have to be delayed until
> next stable release?

2.4 is not stable, so it is not suitable as the default kernel,
IMHO. But into the release notes, we could put something like:

 - distributed with kernel 2.2.x and 2.4.x. Full compliant to both
   kernel generations, the kernel version is your choice.

This is a PRO for Debian. Some distribution no longer keep backwards
compatibility.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
That's easy: If it ain't the prompt, it's shit.