Re: bad upgrade from talkd to ktalkd ... whose bug?

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 12:44:38PM -0400, Simon Law wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Peter Mathiasson wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 05:35:22PM +0200, Hugo van der Merwe wrote:
> > > <crazy>I guess maybe one would want some neater interface to all this
> > > inetd.conf stuff? Some debconf thingy? A bit like the nice debconf
> > > question asking whether one wants wdm, xdm, kdm or gdm to be the display
> > > manager? That is implemented with init.d scripts checking
> > > "default-display-manager" file though, this will have to work quite
> > > differently. But for mere talkd, this whole interactive idea is a bit
> > > overkill.</crazy>
> >
> > That would make it easier for inetd alternatives, such as xinetd, to correctly update
> > their configuration files.
>
> 	Isn't that why we have update-inetd(8) ?

update-inetd doesnt update xinetd.conf.

I noticed that redhat now uses xinetd by default, and they have a directory
in /etc, I think /etc/xinetd.d or something (works the same as cron.d,
pam.d, logrotate.d, etc, etc).  I dont know if thats a better way of doing
it or not..

Thanks,

Norbert