Python version

Hi,

    Just wonder why should I need to install
three version of Python but doing the same things,
if I need pygtk, I need to install python-base (1.5),
if I want my xchat running, it depends on python2-base
(2.0), but python2.1-base is exist too.

    Should a cleanup between these three versions,
or upgrade all py* package depends on the newest
one (python2.1-base) ? It's very interesting if
one day Python release their newest (2.2 perhaps),
then someone will make a python2.2-base too ?

    Seems pygtk and some Python depends application
can working fine with python2.1, and this version
is going to stable, and backward compatiabiliy.

    IMHO, upgrade python2 to python2.1, and remove
the python2.1, this may cause lesser problems and
can solve more problems due to more python appz if
exist in the system.

ps.
Or some reason of three version must exist same
time that I missed ? Please forgive me if I really
did wrong. Thank you.

--
Best Regards,
Shell Hung   <shell@shellhung.org>