Re: Debian Conference 2

[please try to trim quoted text in responses :)]

On Fri, 2001-10-19 at 09:18, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> What about sponsors ? You might have a look at how people did it in Bordeaux
> last year. We just paid for the beds but not the auditorium or the connection.

I assume you also paid for food, as well?

It depends upon the university whether the network connection will be
charged for (or even present!). York, the university whose prices were
quoted, has a full business there just in having conferences - so
naturally they're going to charge for everything. U of T, if I ever hear
from them (can anybody grease the wheels there?), may be entirely
different.

As for sponsors - this could be a tough sell unless we get it to occur
in parallel with some sort of trade-like conference. This is a
conference for Debian, by Debian; if it's held in Toronto it's unlikely
to be much else. While Debian developers could hold financial sway in a
lot of places, it wouldn't be as lucrative a market as a different type
of conference.

That being said, I'm very interested in suggestions for sponsors people
have. Progeny, are you interested?

Someone who wants to volunteer to try and round up sponsors for our
conference is very welcome to.

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

Please encrypt email sent to me.