Re: editor alternatives?

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 09:56:27AM +0100, Nick Phillips wrote:

> I suggest then that we need something that gives function key labels
> like old HP terminals (and others, I'm sure, but I always used HPs).

Although function keys may seem convenient, they are not universally
available.

Often in windowing systems, they will be captured by the window manager
to do its tasks.

Debian runs on machines other than x86 boxes.  Sometimes these boxes
don't have function keys.  They usually all have a control key.

I vote for nano as the newbie editor.  I have successfully watched
newbies learn it without any problem.

Dave Brown