Re: Debian Conference 2

On Fri, 2001-10-19 at 06:22, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> > As to costs, what follows are the general rates: (all rates are subject
> > to 7% GST and 8% PST, with the exception of accommodation which is
> > subject to 5%PST and 7%GST)
> >
> > Accommodation:  $39/person/night
> > Food:           $35/person/day will provide 3 meals per person per day
> > with one of our caterers
> > Auditorium:     $700/day for a capacity of 300 max.
> > Audio Visual:   Overhead projector $20/day/unit, LCD projector
> > $100/day/unit
> > Meeting rooms:  $110/day/room room capacity ranges from 25 to 50
>
> Are we talking about Canadian or US $ ?

Canadian dollars. But $700/day for an auditorium is more than I'm
willing to commit; it'll either drain Debian funds or make it too
expensive for everyday people to go. Unless I'm missing something - is
the cost out of line? After all, if we get 100 people to go, that's only
$7 a person extra - which works out to around $US 5.

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

Please encrypt email sent to me.