Re: reconfiguring locales in base-config?

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:03:45AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > To that matter, presenting the raw list of locales might confuse users
> > who are not familiar with locale codes ("gosh this looks complicated,
> > I'm not going to look at it"). Like in tasksel VS dselect, it how about
> > making another mode with just languages and that will enable all locales
> > of a specific language?
>
> Or better yet, how about just presenting the names in /etc/locale.alias?
> Give the names an initial caps and convert it to the specified alias for
> generating, and all should be good.

Maye it's changed but it would be nice if the locale name was in the
language of that locale.

So you have "nederlands" rather than "dutch" for example.

Mind you, it only changes the locale, not the actual language of the system
so maybe this isn't so important.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/