Re: reconfiguring locales in base-config?

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 12:58:57AM -0400, Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> wrote...
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 12:55:33AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Hm. In a new install, locales is going to be installed by debootstrap,
> > which will bypass the questions about which locales to generate. I
> > wonder if I should make base-config reconfigure locales, to give users a
> > chance to configure this as part of an install? It seems this might be
> > very important to certian non-English users.

> Sounds like a very good idea...make it so :)

To that matter, presenting the raw list of locales might confuse users
who are not familiar with locale codes ("gosh this looks complicated,
I'm not going to look at it"). Like in tasksel VS dselect, it how about
making another mode with just languages and that will enable all locales
of a specific language?
--
	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@gol.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF