apt-get and downloading more than one file at a time

Something I guess not a lot of people really need, but something I
personally would like to use: I want to have apt-get download two files
from the same mirror at the same time. (Just like it does two downloads
at once if it comes from different mirrors.) I guess this kind of thing
is what, bad manners? So I guess I don't have any hope of getting
something like this into apt-get.

(For the time being I am using two different DNS names for the mirror.
To avoid downloading two copies of the package listing with every
update, I use one DNS name for unstable/main, and the other for all the
rest. (testing, non-US, the lot.))

I think something that might be useful though, and not "bad manners":
apt-get downloads from the first mirror in sources.list that has the
package, right? What about a command line switch or something that will
make it do a "round-robin" type thing, so that if mirror A and mirror B
has the same packages available, it will take half of them from A and
half of them from B?

Thanks,
Hugo van der Merwe