Re: woody is getting worse...

I remembered that there was a post on that in debianplanet, so I found it
pretty quickly (I was wondering already when I saw that Xfree-4.1.0-7 was
downloaded and I was remembering the problem).

But I would suggest that the maintainer should do a -8 version in this case
fixing the problem, because the time needed to do a -8 upload would have been
probably orders of magnitudes less than the time all people need to find out
what to fix and fix it. I even would prefer to stay with -6 in testing until a
-8 is released for other reasons.

Is there any kind of Debian testing policy concering issues like this? Are
packages which are not intended to release like this appropriate for testing?

Thanks.

Rainer.

--
Rainer Dorsch