Re: woody is getting worse...

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 04:09:26PM +0200, Rainer Dorsch <rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> was heard to say:
> But I would suggest that the maintainer should do a -8 version in this case
> fixing the problem, because the time needed to do a -8 upload would have been
> probably orders of magnitudes less than the time all people need to find out
> what to fix and fix it. I even would prefer to stay with -6 in testing until a
> -8 is released for other reasons.

  I suspect you underestimate the time and resources needed to
completely build X (on every architecture, mind you)

  I can understand why Branden didn't immediately release -8.  I can't
understand why he left the bugreport at normal -- I was about to file an
RC bug to keep it out of testing, but saw that a "normal" bug had already
been filed, and figured he'd do the sensible thing.  Instead, it appears
he's been actively downgrading bugs on this topic, perhaps
(speculation :) ) spurred by annoyance at having dozens of users report
the same bug.

  Ah, well.  Mistakes happen..

  Daniel

|            He had a terrible memory.  He remembered everything.             |
\----------------- The Turtle Moves! -- http://www.lspace.org ----------------/