Re: woody is getting worse...

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 09:53:31AM -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> Dude, I know that for the average "hacker" or coder or whatnot, ya,

First of all, you and your MUA appear to be ignoring:

> that's fine; it's what I did.  ~,^  But there are lots of *non*
> technical users of Debian, too... and I, for one, setup boxes for such
> users with testing since stable is too damn old and "unfeatureful" (not
> a word, oh well) for the average dumb user (they need/want latest
> KDE/GNOME, better XFree86, etc.).  If these people have to fire up a
> text editor to do *anything*, they're going to start asking for Windows
> again.  Picky bastards.  ~,^

So have them use potato.  Or help them admin their boxes.

> Just something you might wanna keep in mind.  I don't expect testing to
> be bug free, but I suppose there should be some effort to fix bugs that
> will screw up users without technical skill.

"Some effort".  Gosh, I hadn't realized I wasn't expending any effort on
XFree86.

Maybe I should stop and teach your ignorant ass the difference.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Suffer before God and ye shall be
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     redeemed.  God loves us, so He