Re: woody is getting worse...

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 08:40:49AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Re: 115752
>
> There are plenty of bugs I don't intend to "release" XFree86 with, but
> one that requires only a 5-second edit to conffile doesn't strike me as
> "serious" by any stretch of the imagination.
>
> If there are people using woody who can't handle firing up a text editor
> to remove a pair of quotes from a 2-line file, they need to go back to
> playing Pong.

Yes, editing /etc/X11/Xsession.d/99xfree86-common_start is trivial, but
it was not fun to do on 20 different debian systems this morning while 20
people were asking me why they can't log in.  If I wanted to spend my
mornings like this, I'd run unstable.  OK, its not a show-stopper, but
understand if someone wants to complain.

I like pong - not as much as vim, but I like it.

--Matt