Re: apache2: clearing the air [please read]

    Daniel> Why do you do that? What's the point? Why not just have
    Daniel> everything unified under /var/www? Makes a lot more sense
    Daniel> to me. (BTW, I believe Debian's are under
    Daniel> /org/foo.bar.baz).

because that directory is shared by the old server. This causes extra
clutter (is that file/directory for the old server or the new
server?). What happens if your old apache setup has conflicting
directory names?

Also, if you don't want users to access directories like:

http://the.host.name/other.host.name/cgi-bin
http://the.host.name/other.host.name/log

then either:

a) the directory needs to be different. My preference. I don't
particular care where it is located or what it will be called. Only,
it should be easy to change the default (perhaps with a symlink).

b) the old apache needs to be configured to block access to these new
directories.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>