Re: lintian releases

On 25-Sep-01, 17:56 (CDT), Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shalehperry@home.com> wrote:
> a) you declare a relation on a package more than once i.e. Depends:
> foo, foo (<< 2.0). Note this check assumes that '|' relations are
> sane, so Depends: foo | bar | baz, foo is ok.

How is that sane? I'm parsing that as "(foo OR bar OR baz) AND foo",
which is the same as "(bar OR baz) AND foo", right? If so, it should be
flagged as an error. (Yes, the dependendcy resolver should reduce it
correctly, but it should reduce "foo, foo (<< 2.0)" to simply "foo (<<
2.0)" as well.)

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net>