Re: XFS Kernel image packaging

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 10:23:34PM -0700, David wrote:
> 	At this time being, there's no official XFS kernel images nor patches in Debian, however there is xfsprogs as far as I know in Woody & Sid.  I am willing to work on an XFS kernel floppy boot disk, but it would be pointless cine a kernel image with XFS is bloated by about 300K if I'm not mistaken, at least the ones on some of the machines I put XFS into.  There are Reiserfs images avaiable however.
> 	I certainly would like to get a hold of some XFS based install disks if anyone ever has done any with success.

fwiw current cvs boot-floppies (and 3.0.14) support XFS (as well as
ext2, ext3, and reiserfs).  if you boot with a kernel capable of any
of these filesystems and have the corresponding mkfs utility on the
root disk the filesystem will be offered as an option.

if you were insane enough to get a kernel supporting all of ext2,
ext3, xfs, and reiserfs and had all the mkfs utils you would be
offered a choice between all 4.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/