Re: Potato to Woody upgrade problem

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 11:18:49AM -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> One thing, though.  After Branden's NMU of wdm 1.20-11.2,
> /etc/X11/wdm/Xservers has all X server lines commented out.  It used to
> be that the postinst would uncomment one if the user requested it that
> wdm be used to manage :0.
>
> Since the debconf default-display-manager mechanism is now used to
> determine which display manager runs, shouldn't wdm/Xservers contain a
> valid server line for :0?

Yes.  Did I do that?  Oops.  Sorry.

When you do your next MU, please also make the following change to the
prerm (see #113070):

      if [ "$THIS_PACKAGE" = "$RET" ]; then
        db_fset shared/default-x-display-manager isdefault true
        db_input critical shared/default-x-display-manager || true
        db_go
        db_get shared/default-x-display-manager
+       if [ -e $DEFAULT_DISPLAY_MANAGER_FILE ] && \
+          [ "$(cat $DEFAULT_DISPLAY_MANAGER_FILE)" != "$THIS_DISPLAY_MANAGER" ]; then
+         rm $DEFAULT_DISPLAY_MANAGER_FILE
+       fi
        message "Please be sure to run \"dpkg-reconfigure $RET\"."

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     "Why do we have to hide from the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      police, Daddy?"