Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 05:46:57PM +0200, Martin F Krafft wrote:
> well, you might just use SuSE then...

:-)

The config script was only a suggestion, and maybe there is a better
way. But my main point was: Chrooting a daemon should be possible in a
uniform way for all daemons that support it.

What alternative possibilities for implementing this do you see? The
package will have to contain the necessary chrooting script somewhere,
and the admin will have to perform some action to trigger its
execution. After he has done that, the init.d script should execute
the chrooted daemon.

It is possible to tell the admin to edit the init.d script, changing
some variable assignment to "chroot=yes", but somehow I don't think
this is very clean, either...

Cheers,

  Richard

--