Re: dpkg logging
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: dpkg logging
- From: Bdale Garbee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:08:34 -0600
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20010922141503.E6064@wiggy.net> (firstname.lastname@example.org's message of "22 Sep 2001 06:15:25 -0600")
- References: <20010922020019.A2370@kitenet.net> <20010922141503.E6064@wiggy.net>
email@example.com (Wichert Akkerman) writes:
> Previously Steve Greenland wrote:
> > Stdout and stderr from the maintainer scripts. (This may be obvious, but
>> you didn't explicitly list it.)
> No, they should use debconf.
Regardless of whether packages are using debconf, I have wondered for *years*
why we didn't at least have the option of logging stdout and stderr from
everything in the install/update process. I think it's a good idea.