Re: splitting /var/lib/dpkg/status and handling desc translation (was: ddts notification)

Previously Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> That's sad since :
> - grisu proposed a simple intermediary solution using gettext that
>   we could use rapidly (you're the first one to say that we can have
>   several ways of getting the translations, so let's integrate the "easy"
>   way right now and take the time we need for the more difficult (but
>   better) way).

And we already gave a few reasons why that isn't a proper solution.

> - in the meantime, you could tell what you want for the long term in dpkg
>   and let other people help you to achieve it (yes we're in a freeze, but
>   that's what cvs branches are for, no ?) ...

As I already said a few times, right now I don't know what the long term
solution will be.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |