Re: ddts: notification about pt_BR-translation of the hello-debhelper description

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 10:18:04AM -0400, Vociferous Mole wrote:

> I disagree with this. Translation of text that is part of the upstream
> source needs[1] to go to/through the maintainer, as it should be
> integrated upstream.
>
> Steve
>
> [1] Okay, it *could* be sent directly upstream, but often the debian
> maintainer has an established relationship to the upstream author,
> and may be able to fit them into the package more cleanly.

And if the maintainer is in the "no time for translations" camp, then
nothing happens. There's no reason why we can't cater for all types of
maintainer.

--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
You will feel hungry again in another hour.