Re: ddts: notification about pt_BR-translation of the hello-debhelper description

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 01:08:25PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> On 01-09-05 Nick Phillips wrote:
> > The translation of any part of a package, be it the text of error messages,
>
> So, shall we now remove all .po files and other translation from
> upstream packages because they are not part of a package? The
> translation of the error messages and other messages of a program belong
> to the package of it.

That depends on whether you're distributing one package or thousands.
If upstream includes translations, then we don't have to worry about the
maintainer managing inclusion of whichever languages people happen to write
translations for.

But if we want to be, and are, able to easily add extra translations, or
override poor-quality upstream translations (all without causing hassles for
maintainers), then why not?

Cheers,

Nick
--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
Everything will be just tickety-boo today.