Re: CUPS

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 07:48:54PM +0300, Ari Makela wrote:
> No, it can be done by hand. With cups one really has to do one's
> RTFM. If one does, it'll work fine.

I used to tell everyone we need no fancy GUI for configuration as our
postinst scripts take care of all that. All you need to know is
dpkg-reconfigure if you want to change anything.

That probably won't work with cups.

> IMAO: development list shouldn't be a help desk. And thus maybe I
> shouldn't be writing this email.

Or else you should read my original mail. :-)

The problem is not RTFM since all works well with the default ppds, but a)
the interaction with cupsomatic-ppd and b) the missing configuration in
postints. WHere does this belong if not into -devel?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De