Re: CUPS

> Yes, I know that. But it appears to be a problem with the cupsomatic-ppd
> printer file. Also I still wonder if there's a reason for not configuring a
> printer in the postinst as does the lpr/magicfilter combo.

Probably because you're supposed to use a gooey web browser to add
a printer... a bit much for a postinst script.

WTF is cupsomatic-ppd anyway? Go to http://localhost:631, add _a_
printer (say, call it foobar), get a PPD for your printer and copy
it to /etc/cups/ppd/foobar.ppd. You can then use web frontend to
configure things, duplex printing, watermark etc. Works for me.

Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)
http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/descript/gpgkey.dmaziuk.ascii -- GnuPG 1.0.4 public key