Re: SELinux package

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:07, rmayr@debian.org wrote:
> If this has already been discussed, please excuse this mail. I am not at my
> development machine since about 2 months and am writing this from a
> web-to-mail gateway, so please be patient with me.... :-)
>
> Is anybody working on packaging NSA SELinux at the moment ? There should be
> no problem with licensing (all of their code is either under GPL or BSD)
> and it should not be too difficult to create SELinux versions of
> util-linux, .... and a kernel-patch-selinux package.
> I am be willing to do it (I need to start experimenting with it), but I
> would be a lot happier if anybody else is already doing it because my other
> packages also demand quite a lot of attention right now.

I'm in a similar position.  I have just downloaded the SELinux code and
started looking at it.

Here's what needs to be done:

1)  Make kernel-image etc packages for the kernel with LSM and SELinux
patches (yes the LSM version has just been released).

2)  Determine how to compile these things without having the headers
installed in /usr/src/linux (and remove all other path dependencies from the
source).

3)  Make packages of cron etc with the SE code.  Also note that several of
the utilities packages that the NSA have put in their bundle are older
versions than what is currently in unstable, their patches will have to be
ported to the latest versions of the utilities.

4)  Make whatever Red Hat => Debian changes are necessary.

Should we start a debian-se list?