Re: new port

Previously A Mennucc1 wrote:
> the proposed name is  'Debian GNU/win'

At the very least that should be win32.

> 1) I need to patch dpkg to add the new port, and before that
>  I need consensus at least on the name 'Debian GNU/win' that I propose

I don't see why you need to have a consensus on the name for that. In
fact I already removed all mentions of Linux from the dpkg source since
it is not Linux-specific.

> I have also some ideas
> 2) I will use the 'virtual mount' capability of cygwin: then
>  the user will freely choose where to install the debian stuff
>   (I am currently installing it under d:\debian)
>  while the Debian programs will see a regular debian file tree

Can you explain how that works?

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |