Re: new port

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 01:27:05PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > 2) I will use the 'virtual mount' capability of cygwin: then
> >  the user will freely choose where to install the debian stuff
> >   (I am currently installing it under d:\debian)
> >  while the Debian programs will see a regular debian file tree
>
> Can you explain how that works?

You just use the cygwin mount command. It can map the / root to any Windows
Directry. It is done by intercepting all file system calls which are done by
cygwin.dll. It also translates unix path to windows path before calling
windows binaries.

Additional you have a /cygdrive/x/  dir which always maps to x:...

most cygwin tools do work even without the mapping.

Greetings
Bernd